Friday 29 May 2015

Dwarven Gaming Table

Yesterday I posted about following the inspiration when it hits you. I have played a couple of games that use a combination of Warhammer and Mordheim rules to make a fun little skirmish game. Most of the missions are played on a 24"×24" playing area. I had this crazy idea to build a single Dwarven tile that could be used just for these games and also double as a display board for my friend Brad who plays Dwarves. I guess it has a 3rd use with its 1"×1" grid and that would be to play Pathfinder/D&D on it.

What really ended up happening was that I convinced Brad that he really needed a gaming table of his own, and I set about the task of designing an underground city.

As I am wont to do, I took things to far. Originally the plan had been to make 8- 2'×2' modular tiles, but I ended up making 10 as I used scraps and pieces to make 2 ruined tiles. I made underground "forests" using mushrooms made of kitchen door knobs and ruined Dwarven statues. All in all I am extremely pleased with the finished product and I'm happy to see how it went from an idea, to paper, to a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment