Friday 21 August 2015

Tzeentch Daemon Kin

I figured I would show off a few more pics of my completed Tzeentch Daemonkin work. I am particularly pleased with how quickly the Horrors painted up. For all of my daemon skin I start with  Naggaroth Night Base followed by successive layers of Xereus Purple -> Genestealer Purple -> Pink Horror. Then I coat it all in a mix of Druchii Violet Shade and Vallejo Glaze Medium to thin the glaze and pull all he colours together. The only difference with the Horrors is that I used all the same colours through my airbrush. I focused on a Zenithal highlight style with an artistic flair by over highlighting the last layer. Then it was a sit down and grind out all the brush on details.

TLDR: Airbrushing saved me 3 hours of brushwork and made blends that I couldn't do with a traditional brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment