Thursday 22 January 2015

Review of Dupli-colour primer

A few days back a thread was started on the ICs forum regarding primers. There were a number of good quality responses, but one of the members, Pez recommended Dupli colour sandable primers. He regularly paints with Golden Demon winners, I was was willing to pull out the stops and trust his opinion.

Here's what what I got, a can of black, a can of red and a can of grey. At this time I have only used the black primer, but it was amazing. The coats went on incredibly thin but still had good coverage. The drying time was faster than anything I have ever used before. I am sold and other than to paint skeletons or necrons, I can't forsee using anything else. I got fully covered black on every model and no detail has been lost at all. Seriously,  go buy a can and try it out.

And when a guy who paints like this tells you a product is awesome, you listen.

And if you've got a moment, check out some of his other work.  http://www.theindependentcharacters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3259

No comments:

Post a Comment