Tuesday 31 March 2015

Nordland Campaign Results

Following a decisive and unanimous vote we are bringing the Nordland Redux Campaign to a close. At this point in time it is extremely clear that the combined forces of the Skaven and Wood Elves will destroy us all. Both of those players are good generals, with great and fully painted armies, and all around good guys.

I may be so bold as to say this last 6 months has included the most fun games of Warhammer that I have ever played. At the end of the whole thing we had a lot of good games played, 4 players (50%) finished painting 2400 point armies, and so I call this campaign a success. I think we've also learned a lot about what we can do to improve our campaigns going forward

So, the moment you've all been waiting for, the winners:

Colin and his Wood Elves take the prize of Best Overall. Not only did he lovingly complete painting a wonderful selection of Wood Elves, at the end he controlled more territories than any other player.

Neil and his Skaven win the Best Campaign General prize. Having a mere 1 less territory than Colin, Neil's overall player skill allowed him to push forward and smash all those in his path. Despite starting with a solid core of painted Skaven, he continually added to his force and his Screaming Bell is as well painted as it is terrifying on the table.

Rounding out the winners is Nick with his Ogre Kingdoms army for Escalation Champion. Nick started playing Warhammer about a year ago and this is his first ever painted army. At last check I think he told me that he had about 4000 points painted now. I anxiously watch his progress as I expect that he will soon surpass me in painting skill and production speed.

And a big shout out to everyone who participated in this campaign. Mike, Michael, Josh, and Brad, you all rock and it was great to see everyone get involved.

Now what shall we do for the next campaign? Convert Neil and play 40k? Sounds good to me!!

The start of a horde!
I wish my first army looked this good
Great contrasting colours
These guys look awesome!
These are my nemesis! Burn them with fire!
Look at all that blue and orange!!

No comments:

Post a Comment