Saturday 22 November 2014

The Painting Escalator. Second Floor

So, today is the 2nd deadline for our painting escalation campaign. For those who are reading this and haven't seen the Escalation Rules , well you're wrong. Our first deadline was at the highly successful Nerdsmas event.

At this moment in time,  we have a 5 way tie for the most points. I can't explain how exciting that is for me. Each of the leaders is painting a great looking force and I find that each of them is exciting in it's own way.

First up we have the Skaven. Neil is an accomplished painter with hundreds of finished models to his name. His dark elf army is superb,  especially with his love for monsters. A large portion of the Skaven army was already painted,  but now he is expanding the army and adding cool conversions and some great looking OSL.

Then we come to the Ogres. Nick is relatively new to the wargaming hobby. His painting has improved 10-fold in the last 2 months. The last time he totalled up his painted Ogres,  it was something in the range of 3600 points. It took me years to paint my first army,  but Nick is really cranking it out,  and doing a nice job as he goes.

Let's talk about the Warriors of Chaos. Josh is my brother,  and the one who introduced me to this fine hobby. With painted armies that include well over 3k of Bretonnias,  a monstrous CSM army,  a loyalist Space Marine army,  and one of the coolest Astra Militarum forces I have ever seen. I really like the high contrast colour scheme that he is painting,  and his newest Sorcerer conversion is out of this world.

And then there's those dastardly Wood Elves. Colin is painting a really cool looking force. It's a lot darker than I typically see for Elves, and I think that adds a lot. Everyone has seen armies of High Elves with blue,  gold,  and silver,  but this flies in the face of that. I don't think Colin has even painted this many models for one single army,  probably because his hobby ADD is as bad or worse than my own.

Oh,  I've been painting some daemons too,  but daemons are easy.

I'm excited to see what happens with painting in the coming months. I think if it comes down to a vote worthy tie,  the Wood Elves will win as they are the least disgusting models. There's just something about daemons,  chaos,  and Skaven that make women cringe.

1 comment:

  1. Well done everyone. The army's are looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete