Sunday 2 November 2014

Too old for wargamming?

So Saturday, after successfully running a 4v4 mega battle and starting our newest map based campaign,  I went over to my parent's house for supper. Some time during the meal prep my mom asked "Are you still going to be painting and playing in your 40s and 50s?" At the time I wasn't sure how to respond. My mom is an artsy fartsy person and her latest hobbies have  been pottery and oil painting. The more I think about it,  the less I really understand the question at all. In my Industry,  construction,  every one has a hobby. Whether they work on cars,  golf,  hunt, skydive or something else,  they all have a hobby. The only one who don't have a hobby are the alcoholics,  and some might say that's a hobby. A few years back I had considered quitting wargaming and "growing up" and finding a "manlier" hobby,  but I didn't.

So here's the question,  will you quit wargaming?  How old is too old? I for one see this as a life long hobby that I will support my kids in if they want to pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment